Monday, July 4, 2016

First Bavarian Unit Finally Finished!

Goodness gracious that took me a long time but I'm happy to report that my second Battalion is already glued to their paint sticks and will be ready for prime-time painting this morning.

I have to say these Eureka 18mm guys are probably the nicest, and most expensive, 15mm troops I've ever painted.  My Old Glory troopers look like boy scouts next to them but that's okay.  An Army is an Army!

Again, I can probably carve out 2 units of them if I'm talking about a larger game where I can plop them down on sabots.  If we're talking about a game like Age of Eagles, then each stand counts!

The Battalion assembled!  (or 2 Battalions)

Just need their colors - which I need to print out

Not my best work.  Not my "wurst" either.  

I like the various expressions on the casting faces.

Officer.  Eureka lets you purchase figures individually which I did.  Then I forgot the color bearer and musicians...
Next up working on an Old Glory Bavarian unit, as well as some Eureka skirmishers!

Okay time to switch gears and get out my 12th SS for this month's 15mm Bolt Action game at Historicon with Dave where I will meet his 15mm Canadians!  Stay tuned!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! Finally getting around to some of these summer projects I'd planned out!

      Delete
  2. Really sharp, Steve! Always like the Bavarian uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! I like their look myself. Much different than say, dark blue, or red!

      Delete
  3. nice figs and paint! Love the officer in greatcoat. The humor however..."eet is za WURST"!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i know couldnt resist though, Alex! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. They look really good en masse. Came out really well, and the little differences between soldiers make all the difference. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Darren. Thanks for commenting. The Eureka guys are a joy to paint. Too bad they're 18/19mm tall compared to my Old Glory figures. I'm very happy with them none the less.

      Delete