Thursday, December 6, 2012

Desert Rat Universal Carrier

The first of many "heavies" for my British 8th Army Desert Rats.  Here is a universal carrier I painted up using my infamous "tin foil method."  She didn't turn out too badly.  At least she'll look nice next to those Matildas or my Lee-Grant platoons. I figure this is good practice for my Northwest Europe Brits and Canadians. Huzzah!
"blimey, sir, 'ow we s'posed to all fit in that meat tin?"

The dry brushing really brings out the splendid detail.  This is a solid cast model from Command Decision.  10 dollars for a bag of 4.

my crappy attempt at the desert rat logo...



8 comments:

  1. Really quite nice! Your work is always fine to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. My primary goal is always to have something nice to put on the tabletop. It makes gaming all the more enjoyable in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. I agree! I like the look of a nice tabletop game. I'd be shamed to put out unpainted figures... and I've seen games that did.

      Delete
    3. John,
      I played a FOW game at a wargaming store in Tucson, AZ a few years ago when I lived there. Get this - guys were literally buying a pack or few packs of tanks, gluing the track and roadwheels on with a tacky, sticky superglue, and throwing them on the table. I can't stand that!!!

      Delete
  2. Nice job! and I can't imagine painting the desert rat at any scale, much less on the fender of a bren carrier! $10 for four, wow, 15mm looks nice in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ben. I would have used decals if I had any. I thought it turned out okay. It's purely for wargaming, not to win any awards! 15mm is great and is a nice bridge between 6mm micro armor and 20mm armor models. Plus there's a huge selection of 15mm WWII stuff out there already for decent prices.

      Delete
  3. Don't knock it. It's a fine job. The more often you paint your own signs on things the easier it will get. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, SRD! I'm working on more and more signage. You should see some of the first crosses I put on my German tanks...

      Delete