Monday, October 15, 2012

Matador. Not once, not twice, but thrice.

Wow what a surprise.  Today when I got home, I was surprised to find out that Michtoy finally released one of the Zvezda 1/100 Models I pre-ordered.  The famous workhorse - El Matador!  I heartily recommend pre-orders - especially with the .80cent per model discount.  I bought three of them and will hastily proceed with construction, painting, and fielding!

This only hastens my project timeline and I need to start my Commonwealth Desert troops, as well as my Northwest Europe troops.

Going to paint them in a dark green, with some black camo on them (unless some of my British, Aussie, or Kiwi friends object), I had planned on using the BAOR style of Dark Green with large black stripes, then finish off with a dusty dry brush.

That being said, were the Matadors in the desert painted tan?  Hmmm.  This baby needs to be versatile!  It will have to a proper color to drive in North Africa, Italy, and Normandy...Something to think about. Huzzah!
Nice box art.

Rear Side of the box.  What we've come to expect from Zvezda.
The Meat and Potatoes.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a cool model, hope to see the result soon, cause I am willing to buy one as well! Do you game with these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do game with these! Gaming at 1 Stand = 1 Platoon I have a huge need for rolling stock (trucks) and prime movers for heavy weapons teams to zip around the battlefield. These will be nice for my North Africa Brits.

      Delete
  2. This does look great. Hurry up with construction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have no fear, Paul. Construction starting soon. Coming to a blog near you!

      Delete
  3. Perhaps a light shade of Khaki and black will be generic enough for Europe and the Western Desert?

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete